With What do you Need Help?

Case Status

My case was transferred/bound-over to State Court. What happens now?
Click here for detailed instructions.

I’ve been waiting a long time for a court date on my traffic citation that was bound over. I don’t want to wait any longer. Can I just pay the citation if it has been bound over?
No. Once a citation is bound over to State Court, you must appear before a judge to resolve it. Paying the fine is no longer an option.

I’d like to know what was the outcome of a State Court case. Where can I get this information?Check the Court’s records online at www.fultonstate.org. Click on “Online Court Records”, then again. Click on Smart Search and search for the case by case number and/or defendant’s name and date of birth.

Change of address/other information

I have moved since my case was last heard in municipal court and it has been transferred/bound-over to State Court. Can I update my address?
No. Citations which are bound over to State Court are actually forwarded directly to the state prosecutor (i.e. Solicitor General). State Court will have no record of your citation until that office files a formal accusation of your citation.

If I can’t update my address, how will I know when is my court date?
You may call this office at (404) 612-5085 every 1-2 months to see if a formal case has been created against you. Or, you may search our records online at your convenience here to see if a formal case has been created against you. Once you are able to locate your case, you may then change your address and the Court will update its records.

Missed court date

I missed my court date? What happens now?
The judge assigned to your case may have issued a warrant for your
arrest and/or suspended your driver’s license if you were cited for a traffic offense.
To reset your case, appear in person at our office with a photo ID. The case will then
be forwarded to your judge’s case manager who will reschedule your case for a court date
and contact you with further information.

Certified dispositions

How can I get a certified disposition of a case?

If you are NOT with a government agency, certified dispositions are available at a cost of $5. Payment must be rendered in the form of certified check or money order payable to “Fulton County State Court”. Cases for the current and previous year are stored on-site and are readily available. All other files are stored at our off-site archiving facility and must be requested from there. These files should be delivered to our office in 1-2 business days.
You may request a certified disposition in-person at our office or via mail. If you elect to mail your request, be sure to include the case number, Defendant’s full name and date of birth, and a brief description of the charges (if available). Mail your request and payment to:

Fulton County State Court
ATTN: Criminal Division
160 Pryor Street SW, Suite J-150
Atlanta, GA 30303

If you ARE with a government agency, certified dispositions and/or disposition information are available at no cost. Simply email your request to Statecourt.dispositions@fultoncountyga.gov.

My case is more than 20 years old. Can I still get a certified disposition?
Our record retention policy (governed by Georgia law) provides that files be kept for 20 years after which time they are destroyed. For older cases, we offer a certified Case Summary which features the case charges and dispositions of each. This alternative is usually deemed acceptable in leiu of the original documents. This computerized Case Summary constitutes the Court’s currently available record in its entirety (no additional records are available).

Open Records Requests

How can I submit an Open Records Request?
Complete this form and mail it to Erica.carnegie@fultoncountyga.gov. Once the record is prepared, Ms. Carnegie will contact you to provide an invoice and arrange for pick-up of the record. In the alternative, you may bring this form to our office and submit it in-person.


I am with a government agency. How might I submit a NIC?
Simply email your request to Statecourt.NICs@fultoncountyga.gov.


How can I get a State Court case expunged from my record?
Expungements are now referred to as “record restrictions” and are not allowed for convictions. If you were arrested and the charge later dismissed or dropped by the State, you may have the record restricted. Clickhere for additional information.
If the arrest occurred after July 1, 2013, it is automatically restricted. You do not need to do anything. If the arrest occurred before July 1, 2013, you may obtain an expungement packet from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation or the Fulton County Solicitor General and follow the steps outlined within it.

Something else

My criminal history indicates that I was arrested, but the court did not report the outcome. How can I get my criminal history updated?
Email Nichole.milton@fultoncountyga.gov with all the information you have. To expedite the process, please provide the case number, Defendant’s full name and date of birth, timeframe of arrest and case charging, and a brief description of the charge(s). Once the court’s record is verified, the criminal history can be updated instantaneously.

How can I get my Dead Docketed case permanently dismissed?
You or your attorney must file a motion to have the case removed from the Dead Docket and dismissed. If you’d like to complete this process yourself, click here for a packet which includes instructions for the process along with a sample motion. Once submitted, the motion will be forwarded to the judge who presided over your case for consideration.

Contact us

Downtown (main) Office
160 Pryor Street SW, Suite J-150
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(404) 613-5085

North Annex
7741 Roswell Road, #104
Atlanta, Georgia 30350
(404) 613-7640

South Annex
5600 Stonewall Tell Road, Room 219B
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
(404) 612-3014

Comments are closed.